Oh my goodness! I have been nominated by Nancy Mulligan at MyEverydayChallenges. A big thank you to Nancy! The goal of the Sunshine Blogger Award is to get to know many different bloggers who are positive, creative, and inspiring. I’m honored to be included in this lovely group of bloggers.
There are a few rules to the award and nominations, as to get to know and discover fellow bloggers. These are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in your blog post and link back to her/his blog.
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers to receive the awards and write them 11 questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine blogger award logo in your post on your blog.
Here are the questions that were asked of me:
What motivated you to start blogging?
I started blogging as a way to process my emotions through my treatment for an eating disorder and depression. It started as a private blog, but I decided to share it with my friends and family (and the rest of you!) as I gained more acceptance and confidence. Sharing the very vulnerable pieces helps me to remember that there is no shame in having mental illness, and this might just help others accept their own struggles.
What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue?
Oh boy, I would definitely do something creative. I’m still pursuing an art major in college, and I fully believe that it’s possible to make a living as an artist. But I don’t like to box myself in with one hobby! This week I have been making block printed curtains, building and painting furniture. As long as I’m creating, I’m content.
What fictional place would you most like to go to?
I think I’d like to visit the Hundred Acre Woods from Winnie the Pooh! I loved those shows as a little kid, and I SO relate to Eeyore. His sadness is openly accepted by all the others, and that’s something I hope for in my own life. It also seems like such a fun place to hang out!
Are you usually early or late?
Definitely early. Just by a couple minutes though! I don’t like to be too early, but I get very anxious if I’m ever running late.
What are some small things that make your day better?
Coffee for sure. I love having my morning coffee, preferably at a coffee shop. But who can afford that every day?! I also love candles and acoustic music. A perfect morning would be listening to a calm playlist, lighting a candle, and drinking my iced coffee! I need to make more time for these things in my life for sure.
What is one of your favorite smells?
Lavender! I also love clove essential oils in the winter time.
What age do you wish you could permanently be?
I always joke that being a permanent two year old sounds fun! It seems like such a simple time in life.
If your life was a book, what would it’s title be?
Finding Resilience in the Pain… or something along those lines!
What’s the best thing about you?
Oof, that’s a tough one. Probably my empathy towards other people’s pain. I truly want to understand and support those who struggle. I don’t want anyone to feel alone or isolated.
What is the strangest thing you have come across?
You guys! This is gross, but there are these bugs that are totally creeping me out! Normally bugs don’t gross me out, but these are half slugs, half centipedes? I just can’t figure out what they are and they love to live near my dog’s food dish. Disgusting and strange for sure.
What is something you will never do again?
Probably eat olives! I have tried them numerous times and just can’t get my taste buds to like them! I know tastes change, but I can’t even handle the smell. I feel like you either love them or hate them.
Here are my 11 nominees:
1. Peyton @ Patience and Pajamas
2. Kim @ Miss Mental
3. Anxious Lady @Anxious Lady
4. Jen @ But First Coffee (With Jen)
5. Danielle @ Dani’s Dabbles
6. Clementine @ Clem Loves
7. Leah @ The Girl Who Writes
8. My Awkward Anxiety @ My Awkward Anxiety
9. Jess @ My Recovery Journey
10. Sarah @ See The Stars
11. Lindsay @ Southwestern Grace
Here are questions for my nominees:
1. What is something that you are proud of?
2. What is your favorite summer activity?
3. Mountains or beach, and why?
4. What keeps you motivated to keep blogging and writing?
5. Who is someone that you look up to?
6. What age would you like to permanently be? (I’m stealing this one from Nancy, ha!)
7. What is your favorite dish to cook or bake?
8. If you could have a superpower, which would you choose?
9. What is one of your dream vacations?
10. What is your favorite article of clothing?
11. What is your favorite/most inspiring book you’ve read?
Thank you again, Nancy! I look forward to hearing all of my nominee’s responses!